EDGEMORE™ Metro – Pigmented Concrete Overlay in Little Rock, AR
EDGEMORE™ Metro is a 2-3 coat pigmented concrete overlay that may be magic-troweled or broom-finished for interior and outdoor use. Choose from a variety of hues ranging from subtle to vivid in our Metro line. These hues are completely UV stable and fade resistant. Use colorants liberally or sparingly depending on how you want your flooring to look. Draw attention to your floors by giving them a facelift with our high-quality concrete floor supply.
Advantages & Features
- EDGEMORE™ Metro is one of the most long-lasting concrete overlay solutions on the market. It is resistant to stains and etching caused by heavy machinery or chemicals.
- Our Metro range of concrete floor materials is an economical solution for giving your home or commercial area an entirely new look.
- The colors are UV resistant and will not fade, crack, or peel.
- The only maintenance required is to sweep and mop it on a regular basis to remove dirt and spills and keep the shine intact.
- EDGEMORE™ Metro is best used with a sealer to preserve the surface and increase the longevity of your floor.
Where to Use Metro
- Retail Centers
How to Install
1. Apply the Bond Coat
- The bond coat and its color are the first things to consider. If you wish to incorporate patterns in your overlay, the initial bond layer should be the same color as the grout. We applied bond coatings at a rate of 250-300 square feet for each bag.
- Fill the mixing container halfway with water, then add the colorant and the overlay and mix well. Bond coatings work best on a wet floor.
- EDGEMORE™ Metro floors are three-pigmented bond coatings in your choice of colors. Make careful use of a rub block to knock down any high places on the floor between applications.
2. Seal the Floors
The floor is ready for sealing after all three bond layers have been applied and cured. We recommend only using the following coatings to seal the floor:
- Water-based sealant
- Acrylics based on solvents
- Other sealers can be utilized if this floor is being installed on an inside slab.
Pigmented Concrete Overlay Frequently Asked Questions
A concrete overlay is a product made of concrete and cement that may be put over existing concrete to create a decorative appearance and cover defects. Depending on the desired finish, concrete overlays can be laid as thin as 1/4".
EDGEMORE™ Metro can endure for decades if the proper installation procedures are used and the overlay is maintained on a regular basis by sweeping and mopping. If there is a lot of foot or machine activity, you may need to have it resealed after a while to preserve the concrete in good condition.
Concrete overlays dry roughly 24 hours after the sealing coat is applied. It takes around 7 days to fully cure and be able to walk on the floor without socks.
EDGEMORE™ Metro is a cement, sand, and other additive mixture. The pigments are added according to your preferences. The ultimate result is a long-lasting and attractive overlay that clings nicely to the old concrete floor while preserving its natural appearance.
Concrete overlays can be as thin as ¼” in thickness. They may also be up to 2 inches thick. The thickness may be adjusted to suit your needs.